Chocolate Banana Nice Cream
This recipe is super simple and can pretty much be found everywhere on the web, but if you haven't heard of it yet we want to spread the word about this ice cream alternative!
We love ice-cream, but we hate the way it makes us feel afterwards. Frozen bananas are the ultimate replacement! Using a blender, you can make any ice cream combo you want! Chocolate is a total classic and one of our favorites, but you can also do peanut butter, strawberry, blackberry, raspberry, peach, pineapple, anything! We love experimenting and coming up with new creations. And it's also super good with just the bananas too!
Ingredients (for one serving):
- 2 frozen bananas (chop into medallions before putting in the blender)
- A tablespoon of your favorite chocolate sauce/spread (we use hazlenut spread or hershey's vegan syrup) OR add in your preferred spread/fruit
- Small amount of almond milk (pour in little by little as needed)
- Chocolate mint for garnish (optional, but super cute)
1. Add frozen bananas and chocolate sauce to a blender, or a food processor on puree' with a small amount of almond milk (aprox. 1/4th cup)
2. Blend it as much as you can, add small amounts of almond milk as needed. It's important to not add too much liquid or it will be more like a milkshake than ice cream (still yummy though!)
3. Add garnish or other toppings if you want, serve and enjoy!